Thursday, 23 October 2014

LOOK HOW FAR WE HAVE COME.

So four years this shitty quality photo was taken on my flip phone. As a thirteen year old girl I thought it would be funny to send this picture to the boy that i wanted to like me in order to make him jealous. I don't even think I need to mention that it didn't work in the slightest. Ryan could not care about what I had sent and to be honest the only thing I do remember about that day was meeting the boy I am kissing's mother and going to his house for the first time. I don't remember what Ryans reaction was but I remember everything else.
October 23rd 2010 at 4:47pm

Just over two years after that photo was taken I figured out the boy in the photo was the boy for me. He was who I wanted in my life. So I started my journey in trying to get him to fall in love with me. It took two months for me to get up the courage to even message him. I knew who he was, he was in my group of friends at school and i had been to his house again after that for group gatherings but it was nothing that crazy.
Ryan is the one on the left next to me and Lach is the one on the right.



Anyway, it took me over two months the send him a facebook message and to be honest i was so nervous to send it. It was about the walking dead because I knew that he liked the show and if I messaged him about it then there was a good chance he would reply to me. Anyway, we talked for a really long time on facebook and our friendship grew a whole lot stronger over the course of about six months. We talked about our fears, hopes, dreams, aspirations, family, school, friends, relationships. Anything you could think of we spoke about. Although the entire time I wanted to be more than just friends and I dropped some major hints to him that i thought went unnoticed but now i know he actually picked up on them but just didn't know how to respond because he didn't feel the same way.

We even got to graduate high school together.


In late April of 2013 I told him the I liked a boy and he was questioning me on who it was. I let him guess and after a while it guessed that it was him. It scared me so much to say that it was him but in the end it worked out. For about four months after that it began getting weird. He wanted me to be around but didn't want a relationship with me and that was beginning to really become an issue for me. I didn't like being so close to him when he knew the feelings I had for him and I knew that they weren't mutual.

Anyway, jump to mid August of 2013 and we were at a birthday dinner. After the dinner we went back to our friends house for movies and he was really happy to have my legs draped over him and after a while we starting hold hands. That was really cute because he wasn't that kind of a person. He wouldn't just get all cosy with a friend. Then i knew that he must of felt something more and when i questioned him about it he said he didn't have any feeling for me. That was the last straw I couldn't take being so close to him anymore and I told him that if he didn't have feelings for me that we should stop messaging. Mind you the messaging was non-stop from the first message until then .I ignored him at school and tried not to message him but it was so hard.

Look at him! Isn't he the cutest!

About two weeks later we had another friends birthday and we were at her house. I was sitting on his lap and we were holding hands. It was really cute. Then he started tickling me. I could see in his eyes that he wanted to kiss me but he wouldn't do it. That kind of annoyed me because i wanted to kiss him to but didn't want to accidentally miss read the signs.

There were no misread signs at new years that's for sure.


So the next night we had another birthday party. This one was a bit more intense. I was sitting on his lap again while watching movies and a girl was sitting next to us. He name was Yolanda, she is a lovely girl and she kept asking if we were a couple. We kept saying no because we weren't. Our faces were close and she told us to kiss. We both refused but after a while I got sick of waiting and I kissed him. It wasn't great and it wasn't bad but it was okay.

Now the little love is 18!
What we were met with at school was a little full on though. Because both of us were in the same friendship group everyone knew about our kiss instantly. Which would have been fine if either one of us knew what it meant. We didn't know if we wanted to be in a relationship with one another or if it was just a mistake. Either way we waited until the next weekend when he came over to my house and we talked about it. That was the 31st of August 2013 and it was almost 14 months ago. I won't forget that day or how it panned out because that was the day that he finally took the leap and decided that it was okay to have a girlfriend.

It makes me so happy that we have lasted so long and I hope we last even longer because he truly is an amazing man. I don't know what i would do without him in my life. He is so wonderful and i love him a whole lot.
I know I don't look very happy on our first anniversary I promise I was!


P.s. I scattered photos of us throughout the post so that it didn't get boring for you guys. Let me know what you think about my story and how far Lach and I have come in four years.

No comments:

Post a Comment