Friday, 27 February 2015

MOVING AWAY FROM HOME

So the time finally came for me to move away from my beloved home, family, friends and small town life style that I grew up with. I loved it all so much but unfortunately to reach my full potential and move on to bigger and better things I had to leave. As much as I wanted to leave a huge part of me wanted to stay too.
In order for me to get a university degree I had to move over 500 kilometers away from my family and some of my friends. That also meant moving nearly 1500 kilometers away from Lach. That broke my heart to say goodbye to all of the people that have helped me become who i am today but it had to be done sadly. Although some of my friends moved to the big smoke too which makes me happy that I can still see some people that remind me of home and my high school days.
I have visited my university twice since I arrived a week ago and I can honestly say that it is pretty cool. I made a new friend and caught up with an old one too. Life is pretty sweet at the moment, i get to visit the beach everyday if i want to, I only have to commute 45 minutes into university (I know that sounds like a lot but some people at Lachs uni have to travel like 2 hours into the city just to attend university which would suck). All in all my new uni life is really beginning to please me. Although I haven't actually started the work yet I think I will enjoy it.

Anyways, that was just a little update on my life and I hope that I can get back into blogging very soon. I want to try and make it more of a uni life/ surviving a long distance relationship kind of a blog. Would you guys like that? Let me know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment